Italian Adventure

Hi everyone,
I'm doing the Italian Adventure 11-13 June. Has anyone got any advise on what to check out, what to miss, how much free time you get - basically any feedback from your experience. It looks fantastic, I'm just nervous being a solo traveller :)

Hi everyone,
I'm doing the Italian Adventure 11-13 June. Has anyone got any advise on what to check out, what to miss, how much free time you get - basically any feedback from your experience. It looks fantastic, I'm just nervous being a solo traveller

Hello! I am one of the Italian adventure guides and it is in my opinion the best product Busabout offers! I LOVE doing this tour!!! It is only a three day tour so you keep busy the whole time, that being said I dont think anything feels rushed. For free time you will have the better part of the day on Capri, both evenings in Sorrento and also time in Amalfi and Ravello. However I find that 99% of people like to do things in a group ie. the Pompeii tour, Dinner at a Trattoria, exploring Capri, Boat trips etc. Im sure you'll enjoy it and LOTS of people on the trip are solos

You're doing a great job of advertising the tour. I'm doing the Go West trip from Rome and now you've got me thinking about if I should do the Italian Explorer to start with and help me get a handle on Italy before starting out.

Haha! Its true though, it really is an AMAZING part of the world... Italy is very regional its only been a unified country since 19th century. When people think of Italy they usually think of Pizza, Pasta, slow paced life, warm weather, beautiful cities, great food, and warm friendly animated people.... THAT is the south of Italy that you see on the trip!
I also think its good value too when you consider the individual costs.

Train to Pompeii - 15Euro
Train Back - 45 Euro
Pompeii Admission - 11 Euro
Guide at Pompeii - Between 100-150 Euro
Return Boat to Capri - 30 Euro

And all that is included! Plus accommodation, on board guide, private transport, and trips to Amalfi and Ravello. On your own you could maybe do it for a few Euros less, but you wouldn't get a guide at Pompeii, or an on board guide, and without the private transport there is NO way you could ever fit all that in 3 days!

I sound like a sales pitch here! But SO many people on this forum talk about Croatia or Greece and Italy is rarely mentioned and I think its a shame because it IS the best trip Busabout does!

Ha ha on people being so excited about Croatia and Greece - I have noticed that. They didn't even make my maybe list for this trip.

It's good that someone is advertising so strongly for this trip as the link on the website to it doesn't work. To get any information you have to go back to the brouchure. The brochure implies that the basic accommodation doesn't include linens - does that mean people doing this trip have to bring their own?

Why does the trip back cost so much more than the trip there? That sounds a bit of a scam!!

The link doesn't work? weird... Linens are included in the Basic accommodation. I think it is fine to be honest, its a basic tent but is more like a mini circus tent then the kind of dome tent that may spring to mind! It has a hard floor, a light and is high enough you can stand. It is really basic but you only sleep there right, you spend most of the time out and about! The trip back theoretically is the same 15Euro or so, but what we found last year is that the Regional Train Naples to Rome in the Afternoon is sold out so you need to take the more expensive High Speed train!

Thanks Ben! You've made the trip sound really exciting - can't wait!

Hey,

I did the italian adventure when I travelled with bus about last time. IT WAS ONE OF THE HIGHLIGHTS OF MY TRIP. I would most definately reccommend it to anyone. I had the best italian dinner in sorrento with the group and the places it goes is amazing. Make sure if you do the boat trip(from capri) pay to go into the blue grotto. It's an additional cost but well worth it and you have to think it will cost a lost more to get back to when you regret not doing it.

Anyway ben isn't biased cause he's the guide it is the best.
Julie

Yaye! cant wait - i was still deciding whether to do this tour or not - but def think i will, prob around mid June too :)

Updated February 3, 2010 at 9:01 AM

--

Paris - Bruges 8 May, staying at most places for a couple of days each on the 3 loops - travelling solo! get in touch :)

Yes - you've sold me on it too. I'll be there the start of July. Now I just need to sort out my flights. :)

I'm booked in for the 7th June Italian adventure - looking forward to it.

--

A rolling stone gathers no moss.

Im doing this with my bf on the 4th June and so excited and now even more so after reading the 'sales pitch' lol :)

I'm kicking off my trip with the Italian Adventure in early September and cannot wait! Then doing Go West one way. Can't wait.:)

Hi Emma,

I will also be on this trip from 11 june, so look forward to meeting you :) It looks like its going to be a lot of fun, I've always wanted to see this part of Italy, I've heard it's absolutely stunning!

Hey Rebecca - im also planning to do the 11 June trip, think ive already told u this Emma - so would be good for us to all hang out etc! yayaye!

--

Paris - Bruges 8 May, staying at most places for a couple of days each on the 3 loops - travelling solo! get in touch :)

I've just booked for the 5th of July. It would be fantastic to hear from anyone who will be on this trip. :)

Hey Rebecca - great to hear from another person on the same trip! Are you on any of the loops prior or after? I'll be arriving in Rome from the 7 June.

Aimee - I knew you were starting in Paris at the same time as me but didn't know you were on this trip. We must have similar itineraries. I'll have to send you mine and see!

I'm feeling alot better knowing I won't be alone!! :D

By the way - did either of you gals upgrade your accommodation? I haven't and didn't know whether to or not.

hey all,

i'm going to be on the south loop arriving in Rome on the 6th Sept. Unfortunately due to time constraints i'm trying to decide between either spending 2 days in Rome & 2 in Siena....or alternatively doing the Italian adventure and skipping Siena, heading straight to Florence.

would I be missing much by skipping Siena? any suggestions much appreciated. :D

cheers guys.
Morgs

Lovely as Sienna is it is an EASY (like 1hr 3 euro train) day trip from Florence... Not worth missing Amalfi coast, Pompeii and Capri for!

Jump to forum: Go

All forums are moderated and should not be used to promote businesses or products. Please create your own profile or group for this. We reserve the right to remove any comment we feel is inappropriate at any time.

Community Login
|
Connect
Facebook Connect allows you to sign up to our website using your Facebook account details. Simply click on the Facebook Connect button and enter your account details in the submission box that will be displayed. Follow instructions and ensure each time you login in the future you click on the Facebook Connect button.
Photo Gallery
Latest Videos